December 13 and 14, 2011
Federal Court of Canada
180 Queen Street West
Starts 9:30am daily.
LIVEBLOGGING OF THE HEARING:
You can follow the hearing via the internet at the following sites:
· TWITTER: Marc_Lemire
· Freedomsite: http://www.freedomsite.org
· StopSection13: http://www.StopSection13.com
Discussions of the hearing at:
· TWITTER: #Section13
· FreeDominion: http://www.freedominion.ca
- Marc Lemire: Originally charged in 2003 for allegedly “exposing” privileged minorities to “hatred and/or contempt”. Found innocent in 2009 but the censorship fanatics at the CHRC appealed the decision to the Federal Court. As of Dec 2011, Marc Lemire has been persecuted by the thought control fanatics for over 3,000 days and since 1977 is the only Canadian to ever win a Section 13 case
- Barbara Kulaszka: Civil Liberties lawyer who has represented Lemire for over 7 years. She is the only lawyer in Canada to ever win a Section 13 case. Barbara’s legal arguments have been published around the world, and she is very well respected by her peers. Known for her courage and legal skill.
- Margot Blight: Represents the Canadian Human Rights Commission. They appealed the decision.
- Douglas Christie: Long time barrister for freedom in Canada. Represented the very first victim of Sec. 13. Counsel for the Canadian Free Speech League.
- British Columbia Civil Liberties Association: Civil lib association from BC. Tried to intervene in Lemire case during the “human rights” tribunal.
- Canadian Civil Liberties Association: Long time supporters for freedom of speech in Canada.
- Canadian Association for Free Expression: Also intervened during the Lemire tribunal.
- Canadian Jewish Congress, Simon Wiesenthal Centre, B’nai Brith: The Censorship Musketeers
(Adobe PDF Format)
(Microsoft Word Format)
FLYER: Stop Section 13: Federal Court Appeal Dec 2011
HOW YOU CAN HELP OUT:
Follow the case live at:
Legal arguments from the Marc Lemire case before the Federal Court of Canada. Marc Lemire is the only Canadian in history to ever beat the Canadian Human Rights Commission and in Sept 2009 won his case when Section 13 of the Canadian Human Rights Act (Canada's shameful censorship legislation) was found to be unconstitutional. This booklet covers the December 2011 appeal by the fanatical censors at the CHRC to the Federal Court of Canada
Paperback: $15.00 | Order now
Dec. 13-14, 2011
Toronto, Ontario [..more]
FLYER ON CASE: